Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Why I'm Glad I Joined the KLLC

I remember doing the housing application for IU during the end of my senior year in high school and wondering if I should apply to the Kelley Living Learning Center.  I was worried that I might not fit in since I was not directly admitted into Kelley and that I wouldn’t like living around seemingly all business majors.  In the end, I decided to apply and I am SO happy I did!

One of the greatest things that I love about the KLLC is that you are around people who have common interests and you build a community that not a lot of other dorms have at IU.  I am not saying that everyone is a business major, (I’m a SPEA major), but everyone in the KLLC is hand selected to be here because of their passions and willingness to succeed in college.  Not only does everyone relate to one another in one way, but the KLLC really does give you a sense of family in a “home away from home” type of setting.  From the very first days of orientation, you bond with each other during activities that previous KLLC residents have put on.  Those events really helped me because before school started, I already had a network of friends who I could go to class with or eat dinner with.  They were simply people who I felt comfortable with and who helped me during those first scary weeks of school when you’re adjusting to living away from home.  I have really met some of my best friends here in the KLLC and that is something I will always cherish. 


Kimberly Chomyn

No comments:

Post a Comment