Sunday, July 31, 2011

Hello readers!

My name is Julianne Bohlen, I am going to be a Junior at IU majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship. I am from Stony Brook, NY. One of the best decisions I made regarding IU was living in the Kelley Living Learning Center. The KLLC was such a great experience because you live with all students of the same major. Everyone is taking the same classes, which makes it easy to help each other with homework and study for exams. You automatically have an interest in business in common with everyone you are living with. I noticed the first week of school that many of my KLLC peers were in all my classes. IU is such a huge campus and living in the KLLC made it feel small. 

One great memory I have about the KLLC is when I first moved in. Students in the KLLC are encouraged to move in 2 days earlier than the rest of the freshman on campus. This gives you extra time to meet the kids on your floor and in your building. The first day I moved in, one of Kelley faculty, Keith Dayton, had all of the KLLC students over for a pool party/BBQ. It was so much fun and a great way to meet everyone I was living with. I was able to bond with my floormates and meet faculty members before school even started. 

The KLLC was a great experience for me and I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. The Kelley LLC sounds like a great way to make a large school feel more personal.

    ReplyDelete